Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to School...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about today's random event. As I was driving to work, I noticed that people were slowing down rahter rapidly in front of me. As I approached this place in the road, I saw that there was a goose who had wandered into the street. I could tell the goose was confused and in danger of being hit. As I swerved to avoid it, I wondered what I should have done. Everyone around me in cars was hurrying to work and seemed that they couldn't be bothered to stop and help some bird. If I had stopped to help the bird across the street, car horns would have been blaring in my ears. It would have angered the other drivers to have to stop and wait for the goose to cross the road.

I wonder what you have to say about this question: When you see something or someone in need, do you stop to help even if it is the unpopular thing to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you shouls help people no matter if it is the popular thing to do or not. If no one helps, there will be no one left to help you if you need it.

Kathleen Risolvo said...

Yesterday, I was driving with my husband and we noticed that a man got out of his truck and rushed to the side of the road. He bent over and picked up a small white dog. The man was obviously very upset and we weren't sure what had happend, but the dog wasn't moving. We didn't know what to do. We really would not have been much help and we decided to move along. The thought of that man with the dog sat in my head all night long. Sometimes you have to make a decision and go with it. But, those decisions sometimes will stay with you forever.